There are over 400 units in the National Park System of the United States. These include national parks, national monuments, and other types of protected areas.
Entrance fees at national parks vary, and if you plan to visit multiple parks throughout the year, the $80 annual pass is a good option to consider. http://www.nps.gov/findapark/passes.htm
But did you know that National Parks also have Free Entrance Days? Mark your calendars for these in 2015 which includes this weekend!
• January 19 Martin Luther King Jr. Day
• February 14-16 Presidents Day weekend
• April 18-19 opening weekend of National Park Week
• August 25 National Park Service Birthday
• September 26 National Public Lands Day
• November 11 Veterans Day
Time to explore…
Check out the links bellow for videos of Booker visiting a few parks in the Southwest of the US when he was a kid. They are part of a segment called WHY BOOKER TRAVELS.